Hanady Alhashmi is an Emirati Female Mountaineer from Abu Dhabi, UAE
In June 2017, she became the first Emirati Woman to successfully reach the top of North America’s highest mountain peak- standing at a whopping 6,190 meters, Denali, located in Alaska, U.S.A.
The adrenaline of reaching heights and being amongst the clouded peaks of mountains drove her to follow her dreams and today she has successfully climbed over 10 mountains around the globe.
The coveted feat of achieving the “seven summits of the world” is not far from her as she has already completed five of the above.
As she looks to complete all seven summits one day, and put her country on the global map of mountaineering, Hanady would also like to motivate women and children everywhere to run behind whatever they want to achieve, be it big or small.
Today, Hanady uses the mountains and the outdoors as idols in her life as they resemble the limits to which one can push themselves to achieve any goal: seen or unseen.
Four of the “Seven Summits” achieved:
- Kilimanjaro, Tanzania – February 2015
- Elbrus, Russia – July 2016
- Aconcagua – January 2017
- Denali – June 2017
- Carstensz Pyramid – March 2019
Other High Peaks Around the World:
- Everest Base Camp and Kalla Pattar, Nepal – November 2015
- Ben Nevis & Snowdon, UK – May 2016
- Gran Paradiso, Italy – September 2016
- Other peaks in the Alps – September 2016 – 2018
- Jabal Shams, Oman
- Jabal Jais, UAE
Emirates National Records Certification. Category (Insisting & Challenge) in serving Society and the State. 2018. By Sheikha Rawda bint Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan.
Other certifications and training:
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid
- UK Mountain Leader Award (Training)
- Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
- Abu Dhabi Licensed Tour guide