Have you recently discovered Backpacking? Or already know everything about backpacking and need a checklist for when you go outdoors next time?
I love Backpacking, as in, going hiking with a backpack and sleeping overnight under the stars.. I have come up with a list I use to cross-check whenever I am packing for a Backpacking Trip. It may seem excessive, you do not necessarily need to take all these items all the time, whatever you don’t need, just don’t take it. Best to keep it light so you can focus on enjoying that hike!
- Food, Snacks: i.e. bars, sandwiches, fruits, dates, bread, boiled eggs, cucumbers, tuna, cheese, nuts, cucumber, carrots, hummus, noodles, oatmeal, etc.. Condiments for your food i.e. salt, pepper, etc
- First aid kit and medications
- Water and Electrolytes
- Backpack with waist strap
- Hydration pack i.e. camelbak
- Tent, mattress and sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner
- Hiking boots with ankle support
- Hiking socks (two pairs)
- Hiking Clothes depending on the weather: long sleeve shirts, shorts or pants, fleece and/or down jacket, hiking pants, rain jacket, underwear, flip flops
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, etc)
- Mosquito Repellant
- A full cap/hat (one that covers your neck), Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Warm hat
- Wet wipes or tissue
- Small trash bag
- Knife, fork spoon, mug, plate/bowl
- Small pocket tool/ whistle
- Matches, lighter
- Micro towel
- Stove, gas,
- Cooking pan, spatula, cooking oil.
Anything you like to take with you that is not in here? Let me know..